Tuesday, October 22, 2013
THINGS TO DO WHILE WAITING FOR “THE CALL”
You’ve finished your book and have submitted it to an editor or agent. Hallelujah. Congratulations!
However, you just can’t sit around and wait around for “the call;” the wait will drive you crazy. And drive others around you crazy as well with you checking your phone every other minute. Here are some things to entertain yourself with during the wait:
1) Greet the Family. They may have grown while you’ve been in your writing cave.
2) Treat everyone to dinner out. They are probably tired of takeout food. If you live alone, then treat yourself to a day at the spa or a long hot bubble bath and a good book.
3) Clean the house, because you know they didn’t do it properly. Of course, if you have the means, contact a cleaning service and just supervise. Cleanliness is good for the start of a new book.
4) Catch up on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Maybe move up a couple of levels on Candy Crush.
5) Pull out the outline for book number 2. It’s time to flesh it out so you have something else to show when you get “the call.”
Good luck! ---mcf